Sunday, April 25

Virtual Stamp Night Mini

This past Friday, April 23, was another Virtual Stamp Night Mini at Splitcoaststampers. Virtual Stamp Nights are a series of challenges for which you receive instructions/guidance, and then have 45 minutes to complete the challenge. There was a lot of buzz about the theme being showers and flowers . . . I couldn't wait for it to begin. I looked at the "shopping list" and had all but one item -- but some generous person happened to offer that item on Freecycle, so off I went to get it and then I was all set! The challenge for this card was to create a monochromatic "pastel" baby card. The stamped image is from the Year After Year stamp set by Stampin' Up! The dark purple layer of card stock was embossed using the Argyle embossing folder (though it doesn't show up well in this picture). Generic paper flowers were added for a little bit of "bling" and to make the card a bit more feminine. The elephant image was paper pieced (after stamping the focal image, the image was again stamped on scrapbook paper, cut out, and glued in place).


Tomorrow begins my regularly scheduled QKR Monday posts, featuring stamp images and sentiments from QKR Stampede. I will be posting on the QKR Stampede blog the first and third Monday of each month; however, I will post a project on my blog every Monday.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful Sunday!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh incredibly cute Carol! Great job!

Stef H said...

now THIS is simply adorable!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails