Sunday, May 30

Hats Off!

Today's card is for two different challenges--Card Patterns Sketch 66 and the "Hat's Off To You" challenge at I Did It Creations.


Here is the sketch:

The stamp images I used are from the Haute Couture stamp set by Stampin' Up! I have always loved this particular image--it's very nouveau chic and reminds me of fashion images seen from the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s when women wore hats and gloves when they went out. I kept my color scheme to black, white, and red and included patterns that remind me of that era, especially the polka dots (I'm picturing dresses worn by Lucille Ball!). Thank you for stopping by and having a look! Have a wonderful day!!

9 comments:

Barb said...

Really like this one. The colors are perfect for this sketch!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fab, chic and elegant, great colour combo. janex

Michelle said...

Love your card. The colors are so striking!

Stef H said...

one of my fav stamp sets too and this is gorgeous! so glad you joined us at IDIC!!!

hope your weekend is going fabulously!

Allison Rankin said...

Great color palette and embossed BG!

dstandard said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Kristie Maynard said...

Oh I really do love this card!!! It is soooo elegant and does remind me of some of the pictures from when my Mom was young and I hate to say it, but from when I was a kid. Hee hee!
Very nice indeed!

whoistracy said...

Beautiful Carol! I love the embossed background.

NinaB said...

Your card is so chic. Thanks for playing at Card Patterns.

Related Posts with Thumbnails