Friday, May 21

A Note of Thanks

Happy Friday!! Today's card is a clean and simple thank you card using the Splitcoaststampers Sketch 238 (SC238). The stamped image is from Pocket Silhouettes and the sentiment is from the Thank You Kindly sets by Stampin' Up!


I didn't post yesterday because I spent the day looking for a no-kill animal shelter or foster system for a baby kitten that was orphaned at my house this past Sunday. I became his surrogate mom Monday and have been taking care of him all week; unfortunately, circumstances don't allow me to keep the little guy who, by the stage of his development, is about 3-4 weeks old. Yesterday evening I got a call from one of the shelters I contacted and they are going to take him in and put him in a foster home with a mother cat who has two kittens about the same age--hoping she will "adopt" him as one of her own. He has been a really sweet little guy. For not having been around people, he has loved being held, stroked, fed, snuggling, and playing. He just discovered his legs and has been wobbling around a bit here and there. He is going to be called "Mel", so here's wishing Mel a wonderful life going forward; he's already beaten some odds at a very young age!!


Thanks for stopping by today and having a look around! Have a wonderful Friday!!

2 comments:

Stef H said...

beautiful card!
adorable kitten! i'm sure he'll ALWAYS remember you too. animals are like that.

Barb said...

Great card and what an adorable kitten! I hope he finds a nice home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails