Monday, June 14

QKR Monday - Flag Day

Today is Flag Day; it is also my brother's birthday; and it is QKR Monday. If you were here for the Blog Hop this past weekend, you will recall the Waving Flag (#16112) stamp that I used to create a shaker card. Today, in honor of Flag Day, I have created another card featuring the Waving Flag stamp by QKR Stampede. As I mentioned in the Blog Hop, I put this stamp on my wish list the moment I saw it and couldn't wait to use it to make some cards.


This card is based on the Card Patterns Sketch 68:

For my card, the Waving Flag stamp image was colored with markers and stamped onto white card stock then cut out with an oval Nestabilities die, which was layered over a scallop oval that was also cut with a Nestabilities die. A piece of white taffeta ribbon was tied into a knot and a button adhered using a glue dot. The decorative papers are downloads from Gina K Designs. Be sure to stop by the QKR Stampede Blog to see another card made using the Waving Flag stamp and to learn a little about the history of Flag Day. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and visit. Have a terrific day!!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Carol! Great use of this sketch!

Holly said...

Beauuuuuuutiful card! Love the layout and how you colored the stamp with markers. It turned out so perfect!!

whoistracy said...

What a great card Carol! I love that flag image.

dstandard said...

What a fabulous patriotic card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Related Posts with Thumbnails