Friday, June 4

Quick Little Update

I have been MIA this week for a couple of reasons . . . (1) my 91-year-old grandmother passed away, and (2) my modem died and I could not access the internet until I got a replacement . . . all in the last 6 days. I have many family members coming from out of state for the memorial services and have been helping my Uncle put together a collection of photographs for memory/story boards about my grandmother's life. Just a brief little tidbit--my grandparents and their two oldest children (one of whom is my Dad) had to flee Czechoslovakia after WWII and were political refugees. They were in an American-sponsored work camp in Germany for three years until they were sponsored to the United States (immigration then was very different than now). Looking through my grandmother's collection of photographs has been very interesting, and was something she often did not share because of the painful memories it conjured up. Overall, my grandmother would say she had a good life, and she was happy to be here. She lived to watch four children grow up and lead successful lives, had 11 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. This evening, in light of recent events, I will share with you a Sympathy card.


This card was created using the Close As A Memory stamp set by Stampin' Up! The oval was sponged using an acetate template that I made. The flowers in the image were colored with watercolor crayons direct to rubber, spritzed with water, and stamped over the sponged oval. The sentiment was stamped using the good old-fashioned method of inking a stamp and stamping! Thank you for stopping by and visiting! Have a GREAT day!!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Very pretty!!!

Lenny Orzech said...

Sorry for your loss, Carol.

Thebug415 said...

So sorry for the loss. We just lost my husband's 91 year old grandpa a few weeks back. NOT EASY.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your Grandmother's death. May the Lord comfort you as only He can. With love, Lilly Shurance (Bible study)

Related Posts with Thumbnails