Saturday, July 17

Garden Silhouettes

Today's card is based on the Clean and Simple Stamping Fall-To Layout 99 (FTL 99) and uses the Garden Silhouettes and Small Script stamp sets by Stampin' Up! In keeping with the clean and simple theme, I decided on a basic black and white color scheme. To add a little interest to the focal image piece of card stock, I scored along all four sides. I added a sentiment in pink to give a little splash of color, but chose not to layer the sentiment so that it wouldn't take away from the main stamped image. I have had the ribbon for a while and have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it; I thought it complemented the stamp image very well.

Thanks, as always, for stopping by and visiting today! Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Simply beautiful! I love the touch of pink! Awesome card!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Your image and printed ribbon go so well together. Very pretty.

Chrissy D said...

Carol, this is STUNNING! Keeping you in my prayers!

Kristie Maynard said...

Very simple, elegant and classy. I think the ribbon is great with the image, don't you love it when you have something that you buy and keep, "just because" and then you find the perfect use for it. This is simply perfect!

Stef H said...

you can never go wrong with CAS! especially when YOU do it. how gorgeous!!!!!

hugs :)

theneon said...

This i wonderfully effective as a black and white card -- stunning.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the scoring! Nice Detail! That ribbon is FAB! I would have hoarded that forever! And the pink sentiment is a lovely touch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails