Friday, July 2

Summer Birthday Wishes

Today I have a birthday card that is simple to make and has lots of bright and cheery Summer colors. As with my post yesterday, you can change the colors to whatever you desire.

The stamps used for this card were from the Watercolor Garden and Sincere Salutations sets by Stampin' Up! The white of the background was minimized using a scrungey-plungey . . . yep, that's what it's called. I bought this years ago at my local stamp store and still get a lot of mileage out of it. You can get the same look by using one of the plastic mesh dish scrubbers -- tap in into your ink pad, then tap onto your card stock. The difference between that and the scrungey-plungey is simply the amount of plastic mesh is less and it is adhered to a wooden handle (sort of looks like a bathroom plunger). After minimizing the white space, the card stock was wrapped with pink and green gingham ribbon. Thanks for stopping by and paying a visit! Have a GREAT day!!

2 comments:

Velta said...

Now....this is beautiful girl...I love that background look. Your colors are my kind of colors...who wouldn't love to receive this beauty...Great work and thanks for sharing...here is wishing you and yours a safe and healthy 4th :)

Kristie Maynard said...

I will definatly have to try that background look. Sometimes the white is just tooooo white. Wonder if it would work with a scrap of tulle. I have a bunch of that laying around, I'll have to pull some out and try it. As soon as I can get into my crafting room that is, I don't fit in with that stinkin' walker. Soon though I hope!

Related Posts with Thumbnails